Solstice Arts Festival
Enjoy the Alberni Valley during the Solstice Arts Festival, an incredible weekend of art in one of Vancouver Island's most beautiful settings.
Enjoy the Solstice Arts Festival in Port Alberni over two incredible days: Friday June 14th and Saturday June 15th.
Held at Port Alberni’s Rollin Arts Center, dive into an incredible weekend of art and music in one of Vancouver Island's most beautiful settings.
This weekend is all about building a sense of community in the Alberni Valley. Enjoy Artists and Musicians in the Rollin Arts Center's Garden along with a children's activity tent during The Solstice Arts Festival. It is a festival that will be sure to spark everyone's interest.
Friday June 14 Festival Time - 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday June 15 Festival Time - 10 am - 5 pm
During the two days there will be a Self Guided Gallery Tour. Both days are $10.00 and you must have a ticket to enter the galleries, however, admission to the Rollin Arts Center Garden is free.
On the grounds of The Rollin Art Centre dive into some incredible children's activities including face painting from noon to 5, wood carving demonstrations and storytelling all weekend long. Make sure to head to the Rollin Art Center on Saturday for some delicious food trucks. There will be a shuttle bus (by donation) to and from Harbour Quay to Rollin Art Centre (every hour).
From 1 pm - 2pm on Saturday, head to the Rollin Art Center for "Reminiscences of Reconcilliation: A story telling with song and dance". An adventure of a Cree man and a Caucasian woman who come to the present day to espouse on the historic injustice and possible future of the relationship between Indigenous Peoples and the Caucasians.
Musicians in the Garden
Enjoy incredible musicians during the Solstice Arts Festival. Take a glance at who will be preforming this year
Friday June 14:
- Neil Anderson & Rhonda Holcombe - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Morgan Schoen - 12:45 pm - 2:15 pm
- Dennis Olsen - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Cat Sass - 4:15 pm - 6:15 pm
Saturday June 15:
- Marim-Bam Buzz - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Jim and Babs' - Country Duo - 12:45 pm - 2:15 pm
- Dennis Olsen and Guy Langlois - Jazz Duo - 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Days with the Arts Self Guided Tour
Love art? Take a self guided tour of incredible art during the Solstice Arts Festival. $10 gets you access to several galleries where you can explore the rich variety of artists and vendors. Take a look at the list of venues below and start planning your tour.
- Rollin Art Centre – 37 artists & 15 musicians
- DRAW Gallery – representing west coast artists
- Angel Eyes Studio – crystals & gemstones and nature - paintings
- Ocean Valley Ink – painter, poet & spiritualist
- Darran Chaisson Photography – specializing in landscape, concert & promotional advertising photos
- Power of Three – Winter Darby (graphics portraits), Kathleen Bodaly (art that makes you smile) & Shelly Llewelyn (art in many shapes and forms)
- This N That – First nations art
- Desneige Zvonarova & Katie Grieve – sketch artist, painter art cards
- Burde Beans - Pamela Holl Hunt – contemporary artist
- Diane Dobson – nostalgia vintage jewelry
- Coastal Flow Glass – kiln formed glass
- Chris Duncan – chainsaw wood carvings
- Todd Robinson – glass, metal, wood & stone designs
- Mae LeBlanc - painter
- Vittoria Doughty – stainless steel wall sculptures
When you go
Search #ExplorePortAlberni for more inspiration. Be sure to tag #ExplorePortAlberni while exploring the region as you could be featured on our social media channels!
Start planning your adventures in Port Alberni at Alberni Valley Tourism .
Start exploring your Port Alberni region options with Destination BC .
Find out more at the City of Port Alberni’s website .
Through 2019, Festival and ZenSeekers is teaming up with partners of the Port Alberni region. Our correspondents will bring you exceptional video, photos and stories to inspire you to #ExploreBC and have your very own #ExplorePortAlberni adventures.